Family

Family
You MUST Chase Your Dreams, For Your Dreams Will Not Chase You

Monday, February 21, 2011

Drop Cloth Curtains

I've seen drop cloth curtain DIY posts everywhere
so I figured why not give it a shot
at $17 for a 9x12 piece of canvas material
it was right up my frugal alley
Plus it was hemmed on 3 sides already (after I made my cut)
I bleached (and bleached and bleached...seriously I used a WHOLE bottle)
Added some fabric paint using a stencil
and Voila instant curtains
& I love that I can do her whole room for $32 total!
and I'll have enough material left over to do valances for 2 other windows!

 I'm already trying to think of other designs and ideas to use
drop cloth curtains in our bedroom makeover!

Linked to:
Serenity Now-A Mommy's Solution to Staying Sane


3 comments:

  1. Great job!! I have drop cloth drapes in my family room, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone paint theirs. What a great idea. :) Love the purple!

    Thanks so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :) Have fun finding some new blog friends, and I hope you'll come visit Serenity Now again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must be out of the loop, b/c I haven't seen this idea before. Thanks. The wheels are starting to turn...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Painting the curtain is a great idea! Your daughter's room looks like a really cute space.

    I'm visiting from Amanda's party.

    ReplyDelete