Family

Family
You MUST Chase Your Dreams, For Your Dreams Will Not Chase You

Monday, May 23, 2011

Toy Chest Makeover

I found this old tired toy box at the Restore
for a whopping $12
The bottom was nasty and falling apart
and it was in dire need of a good cleaning
the hinges were missing on the outside
and the inside hinges were missing a few screws
Before I left the Restore I grabbed
some hinges and a partial piece of panelling
to complete my renovation


And the design on the front was so not my taste


After giving it a good scrubbing and removing
all sorts of dead insects (ewww!)
I gave it a base coat of gray


After the gray dried
I dry brushed on a coat of white
and then decided this baby needed some stripes

After adding the stripes I attached my new bottom
stained the inside
and reattached my hardware


It fits almost perfectly at the end of Lilly's bed 


And will be the perfect place to store all her doll stuff



Or to sit for a spell as I already caught
both girls up there giggling and reading books 



Polly Want a CrafterDittle Dattle


4 comments:

  1. Very nice!! Love it when a project comes together and fits exactly where it needs to be :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job with this! I am your newest follower. Have a great week!
    carrie @ fineandhandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how this turned out! You did such a great job. Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out wonderful! Well done on clearing out the bugs, I always get hubby to do that part!

    ReplyDelete