Family

Family
You MUST Chase Your Dreams, For Your Dreams Will Not Chase You

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Farming

So track season is coming up
and Scott plans on coaching again, because he loves it
which means that after school
Lilly will not always be able to hang out with Scott
especially when he has away meets

So my dad has offered to let Lilly
hang out with him at the farm
until I can pick her up after work

I thought this was an awesome idea
my brother & sister and I grew up hanging out on the farm
and we all loved it.

I saw calves being born
helped feed the baby calves their bottles
sat in the milking parler watching in awe
of all the gadgets that go along with it
and of course there were the tractor rides

There is just something about kids and a tractor ride
oh and there was the added bonus of sneaking into
Grandma's house for a homemade, fresh from the oven,
still warm and by far the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted.

So I was telling Lilly about the idea
on the way home from gymnastics last night
and she was all for it

She also informed me in the most confident voice
that I should let Papa know she already knows how to milk a cow
You know...so she can pull her own weight :).

So being ever curious of how her mind works
I asked "So how do you milk a cow"
and Lilly said "You just grab it and squeeze"

After I controlled my silent giggles
I asked her where she learned this
and she informed me that she picked this up
by watching the Cat & The Hat show
and reading the book The Fox & the Hound
Amazing :).

No comments:

Post a Comment