Family

Family
You MUST Chase Your Dreams, For Your Dreams Will Not Chase You

Monday, April 30, 2012

2 year old's feelings

I will readily admit I am one proud momma and totally think that most (or everything) my kids do is either the cutest, smartest or funniest thing I have ever seen.  I think that all moms have this feeling and its not to say other people's kids are cute, smart or funny too, they just aren't my kids :).

Nolee has begun to become very vocal about her feelings lately.  It is so fun to have a peek into this part of her little mind and see how she ticks.  For example when we told her Nana was coming down last week she started to jump up and down and we were pretty darn sure she was excited, but on top of the jumping she will loudly tell us "Nolee is SO excited!".

Not only does she tell us when she is excited or happy, she also lets us know when she is sad and why.  This morning when were on our way to daycare I was talking to Nolee in the car.

Me:  "Nolee are you excited to see Brenda & everyone at daycare?"
Nolee:  "No" (insert sad face here)
Me:  "Why?"
Nolee:  "Don't wanna go to Brenda's.  Nolee wanna stay home.  Nolee sad."
Me:  "Why are you sad?"
Nolee:  "I wanna stay home with Lilly...miss Lilly" (insert bigger sad face here)

Awwww.  You see Lilly goes to school all day and after school hangs out with Scott so the girls don't see each other ALL day long (as in from the 7 in the morning until 5:30 at night they are apart).  When they were both home all week last week they got to play together all day long and it was apparent that Nolee would rather be with her big sis over anything else. 

I have had some proud moments in the past 4 years of being a mom, but I have to say that seeing how much my girls love each other has got to be at the top.  Even though they fight (and kick and scream and whine when the other one is looking at them) they truly do love each other at the end of the day :) 

And speaking of cute sisterly moments I just love this picture.  Nolee was so whooped and totally conked out right on Lilly's shoulder while watching Air Bud.



No comments:

Post a Comment