Family

Family
You MUST Chase Your Dreams, For Your Dreams Will Not Chase You

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The paint is up

So while I worked yesterday
my AWESOME hubby
painted the entire dining room
in the behr premium (paint & primer in one) gold plated
he was supposed to leave me the edging
but surprised me by only leaving me the touch ups
he worked ALL day on this
and is feeling the pains and aches from it today
I REALLY do appreciate it honey!

Another thing he might appreciate
is the fact that he may be right
(notice how I'm not completely committing to that last comment)
the color (I insisted on)
is a bit bold
I'm hoping once we put things back on the walls
it will help tone it down a bit...
although this morning
the words board & batten popped into my head
in white and at least 1/2 way up the wall
if not higher...
but I have promised to live with it like this for awhile
and I will

It definitely makes a statement
I'm just not sure what it is saying yet :).





Any other ideas on how to tone it down?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I actually really like the color, and that white piece of furniture you have against the wall in the second pic really pops against it. You are losing your stained wood pieces though. That table in the last pic, can you paint it white? Also tons of pictures (or one or two quality enlargements) in black and white with black frames will help cover up some of the empty wall space that makes the color seem overwhelming.

    I really love it!! Way to be brave with color!! :)

    ReplyDelete