Family

Family
You MUST Chase Your Dreams, For Your Dreams Will Not Chase You

Friday, March 4, 2011

Some Drink to go with our Eat


I took my EAT sign into work to get an idea if people liked it
and yes I was probably fishing for compliments
so sue me if I like hearing that people like things I make
it never gets old to me :).
Anyway one of my coworkers, and good friend
loved it and wanted one of her own
but she wanted DRINK instead
to go into her kitchen
she loves wine (so do I...one of the many reasons we get along so well)
and is thinking she will add some corks somewhere on the sign
So while doing laundry and spray painting some other projects
I made this...

I love the font on this one even more than the EAT sign
It's just curvy enough to add a little extra character
 and for some reason seems somewhat Irish to me
 Maybe it's just because St. Patty's day is around the corner
and I have been thinking of doing a "lucky" sign as well
I used the same glue stick technique as on the EAT sign

The hubby thought the sign was awesome
I think he was thinking of his a bar area in his man cave downstairs
neither of which are finished or even on the docket to be finished anytime soon
but if  I could get a peek in his head I think that's what was running through it
He actually looked a bit disappointed when I told him it wasn't for us
Don't worry honey - I will gladly make more :)!

I grabbed some awesome magnetic bottle caps we got as a gift from our favorite cousin in FL
and set them on it just to see how they looked
kind of works I think
but since she wanted corks I didn't actually glue them down or anything
If I make one for our house I may have to look more into this idea though


They are just so darn cute!

I have linked to
Weekend Bloggy Reading          Remodelaholic

4 comments:

  1. love them! I can definately see the DRINK sign with some wine corks around the outside as a frame! oh, and of course, love the bottle caps. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great!

    http://www.justagirlblog.com/2011/03/sas-day.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:%20justagirlblog/TjAN%20(Just%20a%20Girl)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool!!!! Love the neat weathered look. :) Great project.

    Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. Have fun finding a a few good reads, and I hope you'll visit Serenity Now again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! I love how you taped off each letter and did a different color! I checked out your eat and I love that you used utensils. Now that was creative!

    Found you through Serenity Now and I am so excited to follow you!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete